Google Page Speed mod for apache on debian

Started by denede, February 04, 2014, 06:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denede

Quote from: Mindless on February 04, 2014, 08:20:46 PM
Cant see what it would bring to the table, if your front end is error ridden for example, bloated etc, this aint going to do nothing, that begins on the front end, minimizing js scripts, optimizing css and html, but I have no experience with that module so can't say for sure, only what I know myself from experience with this kind of code. White page is an error of some sort being thrown, apache logs you tell you what's going down there, if the script terminates with a redirect it should do that, not hang on a white screen which suggests a parsing error like text transmitted before header or sql, or the usual front end errors.
Well since the only real improved was like from 0.2s to 0.1s loading page in europe and from 1.0s to 0.9-0.8s in US, I can't see worth keeping it. Nobody will notice 100ms in faster loading time. Not me for sure.
Just wanted to see if what they say it's real :)

Mindless

Cant see what it would bring to the table, if your front end is error ridden for example, bloated etc, this aint going to do nothing, that begins on the front end, minimizing js scripts, optimizing css and html, but I have no experience with that module so can't say for sure, only what I know myself from experience with this kind of code. White page is an error of some sort being thrown, apache logs you tell you what's going down there, if the script terminates with a redirect it should do that, not hang on a white screen which suggests a parsing error like text transmitted before header or sql, or the usual front end errors.

denede

Anyone experienced this little module for apache? They say it will optimize everything on your webserver. Tried it, things aren't that much different in speed loading pages.
I've noticed so far that after I comment on torrents or requests I always get a white page, but the message is always written. Instead of the white page I should've had some sort or message that the comment was added or redirect to the comments.