Memcache

Started by bikerguy, May 31, 2011, 07:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d6bmg

Quote from: bikerguy on May 31, 2011, 07:18:25 PM
Mindless Do you happen to know if python likes Memcache or if they work will together? i have a python script on one server, and it talks to the site server, but it giving an error, so not sure if the Mindless is the cause,

I don't think it will create any problem. In my windows test server I've almost everything installed, and obviously, both python & memcache, and till date it is working without any problem.

bikerguy

Mindless Do you happen to know if python likes Memcache or if they work will together? i have a python script on one server, and it talks to the site server, but it giving an error, so not sure if the Mindless is the cause,

Mindless

Nope not atm - it dont have a fall over mechanism to run mysql only if no memcache because its not such an easy thing to do - I wouldn't advise it either, codes been built to use memcache to make it efficient so if that's removed your only going to be hammering mysql with a lot of static query's that memcache stores automatically which in turn hogs mysql resource that would have been available for peers.

bikerguy

Is there and way to disable Memcache with in the code?